Tim Handfield is speaking at Atkins this Thursday
Kodak Professional is pleased to travel, 'From Pixels to Fine Art', a workshop by Tim Handfield. These workshops are as much about the conceptual and aesthetic aspects of digital printing as the technical, and is equally relevant to photographers producing their own prints or working with a professional laboratory.
Where: AtkinsTechnicolour: Thursday 17th November (lunch and afternoon tea provided), 10am - 4pm
Admission : $185 (inc tax) or Students $125 (inc tax) - Includes 40 page full colour A4 Workshop Notes, Bookings essential
For more information or to register, please email email@example.com Venue information will be emailed to you with a Registration/Payment Form.
Image Processing & Editing
• How to transform a scan or RAW camera file using RAW processing software and Adobe Photoshop into an image that is optimised for your chosen print process.
• Translating the RAW image
• Creating atmosphere
• Total tone control
• Total colour control
• Advanced sharpening techniques
• Colour management and calibration
• Choosing the right media and process to suit your image
• Inkjet media & processes
• Resin coated papers
• Baryta coated papers
• Fine art rag papers
• C Type Media & Processes
• Lustre surfaces - N and E
• Gloss surfaces - F and Metallic
• Presenting the finished print for the greatest impact
• Mounting materials and techniques
• The effect of scale
• Framing methods and materials
• Lighting the finished print
Tim is a fine art photographer of thirty years experience, with twenty years in digital photography. He is also an acknowledged master printer (analogue and digital) having printed for many of Australia’s leading fine art and commercial photographers.
In this workshops Tim draws on his experience to enable participants to gain new insights and develop their skills in image processing to produce superb print ready files.
Tim’s work has been exhibited widely and is represented in many public and private collections, including:
National Gallery of Australia, Canberra, ACT
National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne, VIC
Museum of Photographic Art, San Diego, CA
Australian Parliament House Collection, Canberra ACT
Horsham Regional Art Gallery, Horsham, VIC
Artbank, Sydney, NSW
For more information on Tim, log onto www.timhandfield.com